Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vortex 98 Fuel for SV6

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thank you for the feedback. My little research also suggests that Shell V-Power 98 is better than Vortex 98.

Just curious, how do you know which fuel is better for your car? Mileage? Or do you feel the difference while driving?

I prefer V-Power over Vortex.

For me the difference is economy, push back in seat performance, and also listening to the engine n which i can hear purr nicer. lol

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I ran Ultimate for a while after it being recommended left right and centre in my Clubsport and found that the V-Power was better, I have filled with Caltex once and didn't notice a difference. All from very high volume servos. In all honesty I don't think there are any great differences between them.

So put a full tank of the V power in yesterday. Only thing I've noticed is the clubby has chewed into it a little quicker than the ultimate. Very strange. Power wise I haven't noticed anything unlike what I did with the vortex. Is it best to run a few tanks and then judge the V-Power or?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So put a full tank of the V power in yesterday. Only thing I've noticed is the clubby has chewed into it a little quicker than the ultimate. Very strange. Power wise I haven't noticed anything unlike what I did with the vortex. Is it best to run a few tanks and then judge the V-Power or?

tbh it's that long since I switched that I don't recall economy just power delivery.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Hmm I'll give it a couple of tanks since she was saying I was on 1/8th of a tank but then fueled up and only managed 60L. She's such a drama queen lol.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hmm I'll give it a couple of tanks since she was saying I was on 1/8th of a tank but then fueled up and only managed 60L. She's such a drama queen lol.

Full disclosure I WAS using v-power, I switched TO Ultimate ran it for a few months and was never entirely convinced switched BACK and was happier.

I did the ecu reset thing as well.

Make sure your MAF sensor is clean if you have one as well. Use MAF cleaner from supercrap takes 5 minutes to do.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I'll see how she goes with it all. Good idea actually. Been a while since its been done.