Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp 2 Problems

P

Peter.s

Hi Guys, Just recently bought a 93 VP auto and have had a recurring prob that the mechanic has so far been unable to locate and repair perhaps someone has some insight. I have experienced a "Clunking" from what feels to be the rear end which is quite loud and can be felt through the floor. Seems to happen only at low speed and particularly after being driven for a while. Problem continues whether the auto is in gear or neutral. Mechanics have repacked bearings at tailshaft, checked and replaced diff oil and checked and replaced tranny fluid as well as taking apart brake assembly. Has anyone got any ideas??? 2nd problem yesterday after having driven a short journey, parked and on my return engine will not turn over at all. Tried to jump start-no go. Internal lights etc work as does central locking. No headlights. Buzzing noise seems to come from fuse box after releasing key from ignition position lasts for several second after releasing key.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Check that your battery connections are tight, my VS ones came loose once and it drove me nut's for about a week.

G

grover

for the clunk,check your panhard rod rubbers,and shock rubbers and that the trailing arms are tight.