Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP 32 tooth front abs reluctor rings

Holdenut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ex cop car
Can any one tell me where I can get my hands on a pair of VP 32 tooth front ABS reluctor rings? I can't believe that so many so called mechanics inadvertantly throw out the rings when doing a front brake rotors change then cant explain why the ABS fails to work.
Are there any aftermarket suppliers for these rings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Tried a wreckers?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
2nd hand is the only option. I researched this awhile ago.

Where are you located?
I have a set.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Can any one tell me where I can get my hands on a pair of VP 32 tooth front ABS reluctor rings? I can't believe that so many so called mechanics inadvertantly throw out the rings when doing a front brake rotors change then cant explain why the ABS fails to work.
Are there any aftermarket suppliers for these rings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you done a search?
I just did. Results. Have a read yourself. https://www.google.com.au/search?cl...luctor+rings&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Holdenut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ex cop car
2nd hand is the only option. I researched this awhile ago.

Where are you located?
I have a set.
Hi Brisbarnz, I am in SA but easy to post. How much do you want for the pair? Just checking that they are 32 tooth?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Have you done a search?
I just did. Results. Have a read yourself. https://www.google.com.au/search?cl...luctor+rings&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Did you actually read any of those? None of them are helpful. The other thing about buying generic rings is that they are unlikely to have the same diameter as the hub they are supposed to fit on.

This is common for a heap of cars. I couldn't get ABS hubs for my Silvia, so when I tried to take the rings from my old pair and put them on the only new ones available they didn't fit as the newer set of hubs had an ever so slightly smaller diameter (and these were OE NTN replacements too).

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Did you actually read any of those? None of them are helpful. The other thing about buying generic rings is that they are unlikely to have the same diameter as the hub they are supposed to fit on.

This is common for a heap of cars. I couldn't get ABS hubs for my Silvia, so when I tried to take the rings from my old pair and put them on the only new ones available they didn't fit as the newer set of hubs had an ever so slightly smaller diameter (and these were OE NTN replacements too).
No l didn't read any of them.

Holdenut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ex cop car
Guys I have trawled through most of sites for reluctor rings to suit my application but because they were only used on the one model they are difficult to find and to my knowledge no aftermarket ones are available.
From what I have researched this situation is common where the front disc rotors were replaced on abs models, a lot were done without swapping the rings to the new rotors, which was the case with mine!

Holdenut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ex cop car
Hi Brisbarnz, I am in SA but easy to post. How much do you want for the pair? Just checking that they are 32 tooth?
Hi Brisbarnz, I'm still interested in the abs reluctor rings if you have.