Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp 5L issue

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Strip small piece of electrical wiring or thin split pin.

Car will send you broke if you don't learn basic fault finding skills

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
The motor ecu and loom is from a vq statesman and I bought the vp as a roller and put it in
Just a lil note, from old memory, the VP V6 motor loom plugs next to bay relay box which goes into drivers side dash might be pinned/colours in different positions or not use all the pins to the VQ V8 loom/plugs your using.
I can't confirm if 100% right but worth having a look at the wiring pin diagrams for a VP V6 and the VQ V8 .

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If bridged f/pump relay do you actually know if pump works or has power?

Check anything else has power with test light or multimeter?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Is this what I need? I’m not very good with the whole electronics side of things lol

Wouldn't buy from him....I bought one from him...He opened his door, grabbed my cash, gave me the unit and shut the door....

He is of Asian decent.....Lives not far from the Hyundai dealer on the cnr of Bridge Rd and Montague Rd Ingle Farm...You turn left off Montague Rd after the dealership to get to his place

I got back onto him as it's not compatible with the car I wanted to use it for and have had no response 3 months later

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Is this what I need? I’m not very good with the whole electronics side of things lol
No . That's an OBD2 code reader - won't work with the old Holden/GM ALDL- just use the paperclip bridge on the ALDL connector- it's as good as you'll get these days. 10-15 years ago you you could buy ALDL code readers from people on this forum but that's a long time ago.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not sure if Advanced Engine Diagnostics works on VP or not? I know it works on my VR. I just can't boot it up easily to check, since the keyboard on the laptop it's installed on died.