Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Vp 5ltr aircon bits - free

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Hey everyone,

In the process of completely ripping out my aircon. I wanted to keep the bits because I like junk, but I'm not allowed...

So far I have out:
Compressor with hose to condenser and radiator, and bolts
Condensor
Accumulator (receiver/drier)

I still need to take out:
Compressor bracket (haven't removed this because p/s sits in front of it, think I'm going to need to space it out)

I have the belt but it's cut (kept it for reference of size).
I kept the fan on my car, so that's not included.

The aircon was not working in my car, but these bits are free so just take them off my hands and see what you get.

If you need some parts that are currently on my car, you can help me take them off and again you can have the parts for free.

Cheers,

Christian

Last edited:

vp_304

Reaction score
Will take the air con compressor + condensor of your hands.
Was it leaking any oil at all.
What was actually wrong with the air con?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
it doesn't look like it was leaking oil at all, no drips or anything from under there.
i just bought the car, aircon wasn't working, never had it diagnosed so i'm not sure what was wrong with it.
i still need to get the condenser off (that is the cylinder up on the firewall at the passenger side right?). you'll need a big spanner (not sure what size, but i'm talking huge) or shifter to get this one off. it's really tight and i've tried multiple times with no luck, might try again today, but i don't have the right tools.

vp_304

Reaction score
See how you go. If you come to the calais cruise put the bits in a box and il grab em of you.
dont worry abt trying to put the condensor in a box lol

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Condenser is the big radiator like thing in front of your actual radiator, and the cylinder type thing is the receiver dryer

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You can unbolt the whole bracket from the accumulator off the firewall, and the whole darn thing comes out.

If you're talking about the actual lines running to it, unscrew the nuts like you would on a brake line or trans line :)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
sorry, i know we shouldn't talk about this in a for sale thread but there's no point starting a new thread...

yeah it's that tube that goes from the accumulator into the firewall. it looks like there's a nut that you can undo (like the other lines), but it won't budge with my multigrips (btw: never buy multigrips). i did notice that i could move it back and forth so i thought you might just be able to pull the whole thing out. just my luck though - the gas converter is RIGHT in the way. so now i have to move that :p