Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp auto box q

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
well i finally fryed my auto box and i was doing the ring around to the ocal wreckers trying to find a newbie and i had an argument with a guy at one who was telling me that there was 2 diffrent types of boxes used in the vps. He was going on abobut dds and stuff and i was thinking hang on a minute im not calling the brothel here. But anyway, before i fork out the dosh dosh for a second hand box, is there any diffrence with th gearboxes used in the vps. If so what is it and does it matter????

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
BUT!! i stand corrected and im sorry Mr. Wreckers man. There is 2 diffrent boxes used in the vps. I believe the only diffrence is the cross members which they bolt to, meaning the mounts are diffrent. One is a 4hdd and the other is a 2hdm. Mine is a 2hdm. Thats all i know. hmmm now to try and find a decent one to chuck in. hmm i think its time for a shift kit also.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
Well the wreckers told me to start with, i argued and then a good ate of mine who is a commo nut told me that there is a diffrence (without asking him)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I just got a new tranny done, And there was one price for both VN-VP, They use the same Tranny's for both.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
yes thats what i thought also. Im going to go see a guy in the know today on my lunch so ill see what he recons. This guy has every commo loves dream. A shed full of commo parts and his not a wreckers. MMMMMmmm what i wouldnt so to have a hour in that shed with a nice big tralor.