Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP BT1 v6 info/specs help.

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Hey guys recently brought a vp bt1 and I've tried searching everywhere for some info on them but have only found dead ends (I'm only using my phone, as I have no computer access at the time). Info I'm looking for is what is done to the car from when the police order it. I understand some departments request more features then others? Is there any of the "cop chip" nonsense or is the computer got a bit or work done to it?. Any info would be great..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The biggest myth out there is the "cop chip", the only cop chip you are likely to find will have salt on it.

There is absolutely no difference between engines or ECU's from a BT1 to any others.

The main differences are the speedo will have 2km/h increments and "always on" dash light coming from the top of the cluster, FE2 suspension, 15x7 steel wheels and a sump guard. There are other differences too, but they are the major ones.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Does it really say BT1 on the build plate or is that just what the guy told you so you pay more?

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Yeah bt1 on the plate, has all mentioned above, LSD it has a sports exhaust the middle muffler is not there its just looks like a slightly bigger pipe in its place has a hot though. With the centre console it has no lid. But has a plastic cover over where the screws go is that normal?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
The exhaust would of been something the previous owner not the police service would of done. If it's only a 6 it would of just been a detectives car or something like that so wouldn't have much besides lsd, bash plates and the speedo maybe.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
A few random holes btw i love the bt1's

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Yeah I seen two random pop rivets just behind the centre console in the carpet

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
Smaller light either side of interior light.
Can pull lever from D to 2 without lifting lockout thingy.
I heard what some call a cop chip only has slightly faster idle so alternator will give more output while car is stationary but with all lights on and flashing, but this might be an urban myth.

I hate FE2 suspension. Bumpy as.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bring on the misinformation.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
The biggest myth out there is the "cop chip", the only cop chip you are likely to find will have salt on it.

There is absolutely no difference between engines or ECU's from a BT1 to any others.

The main differences are the speedo will have 2km/h increments and "always on" dash light coming from the top of the cluster, FE2 suspension, 15x7 steel wheels and a sump guard. There are other differences too, but they are the major ones.

Vt were the first ones to come out with 15x7......VL - VS 15x6

Dazz

sent from Dazz's mobile using Tapatalk