Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Buick 3.8L to L67 SC Swap?

Calais-Kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Calais
Hey,

gonna be doing an l67 swap into my burnout car and just wondering, what is involved to getting it to work? i already have an L67 SC with harness and ECU.

1. Where do these plugs/ wires Go? Image Attached

2. T700 or 4L60 for gearbox?

3. will the VP K Frame work with this motor and do i need the fuse box from the car it came out of?

thanks

Attachments

• 20180918_073732fgfgfgfg.jpg
    20180918_073732fgfgfgfg.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 252

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If it's not a vs l67 get engine mounts & sump needed of normal vs.

Personally I'd use as much of original vp gear you can then just get modified memcal.

Search the 'How-to' threads ecotec into vn etc on the forum & youtube

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VP K frame will be fine.

I'll counter above and say you should use everything VS and just get a VS memcal without VATS (security). A mail order tuner such as The1,Delcowizzid or Mace can do this for you (or go to the PCM Hacking forums). Only reason I say that is the VN/VP ECUs are missing a couple of features (like multiport injection over bank injection) and uses sensors that the L67 never came with in addition to forced induction. It's not that it's hard to tune for I guess, but it makes it custom for the wrong reasons if you follow and possibly less accurate to tune by mail. Whereas if you use the VS electronic side gearbox and ECU it's much more of a cut and paste job and you kind of have a benchmark for parts and troubleshooting.

Remember to upgrade your fuel pump to something similar to an L67 one.