Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If its in great shape why use it as a burn out bus?? Most designated burn out cars I have seen have shotty paint jobs plus tend to be dinged up. This is of course unless things have changed as I haven't been to the speedway in years, where burn out comps and smash up derby's were common practice.

Dylan Hoermann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive S2
I paid 150 for it, it's got some paint fade in common spots otherwise it's straight and the interior is immaculate. He said blow it had a blown head gasket but it was just a fucked thermostat

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Losh you obviously haven’t been to symmonds and lafm for a while then average skid pig is around 10grands worth of car ls1 and ls2 vns,vy and vz ss’s then you watch the mainland cars blown early Monaros blown toranas all just dedicated burnout cars times have changed in the last 5 years from a v6 vn welded diff rear brakes removed and a rattle can paint job lol

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Don’t get me wrong there’s still n/a commodore and falcons with selfies and no rear brakes I’m just stating that majority is higher end and more of a sport than a bit o weekend fun

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When i went to burnout comps it was old valiant two doors with 340s. Yepp paint was nothing more than a flat black rattle can. The cars were trailered in as they weren't road worthy. Obviously times have changed.

Dylan Hoermann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive S2
Yeah I haven't been to a comp in a while but last time I went there was catorgies (6, 8, super) I just want to do decent In 6s and go from there, I've never entered a comp

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Yeah instead of starting first and hopefully grabbing and holding second most start in fourth and hold on limiter lol, good luck to you Dylan it’s a great bit of fun and a huge learning curve of the car you enter more you do yourself the better thermos fan on trans cooler (just a small thermo cheap from wreckers off a 4cyl would be a start) welded diff and just clamp brakes remove aircon and put shorter belt on

Dylan Hoermann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive S2
It's auto, unfortunately I've never skidded a manual. I literally just installed a belt -AC, I've heard it's more effort then it's worth removing the a.c components. I'm looking at getting a trans cooler soon hopefully

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Seems like a lot has changed in motor sport in recent years. I have been out of the scene for a long time. Im looking at racing the bike again this year but seems like there a million people doing it now. All new classes and rule changes. So much i didn't know as it must be over 15 years since i have been out.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just bypass air comp by putting a short belt on. I had to do this the other week while i waited to have the AC repaired.