Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dylan Hoermann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive S2
Yeah I got the belt for 20$ and installed it yesterday. I've done a few auto skids, stupid question but do I stay in first manging or should I actually try go to second?

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I was referring to loshs comment about the old vals lol Only needed to unbolt the ac pump off the motor not that much power gain but being a 6 anything’s a gain and just the shorter belt done it to my vs back a couple years ago and just purchased a shorter belt from super cheap can’t remember what the belt was off but was in stock. Yeah get a trans cooler and mount the just a small thermo to blow a bit more air threw it biggest killer of autos is heat, also Remove all weight in the boot carpet spare wheel back seat etc

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Pump tires up to 70 psi smaller and skinnier the better and always half tread never put new on Start first up to limiter for 20-30 seconds and click into second wether it will hold second is dependant on the car just keep foot flat and remember points are for smoke speed and how much of the pad you use

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Seems like a lot has changed in motor sport in recent years. I have been out of the scene for a long time. Im looking at racing the bike again this year but seems like there a million people doing it now. All new classes and rule changes. So much i didn't know as it must be over 15 years since i have been out.

Yeah just a bit fun police have slowed it down more rules than you can poke a stick at which sorta takes the fun out of it and makes it more a sport than a bit of fun

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fun police thats exactly it. Bastards are making me drill my hi tensile caliper bolts so i can wire them, instead of Loctite. Plus you now need a secondary engine cover in case you chuck it away and grind the engine case enough to spew oil on the track. Yet they will literally let you make one from an ice cream container.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have a few mates and rellies involved in the burnout scene......Some of them have a dunger that has a rattle can paint job that they use as a thrash machine.

Others have beautifully presented cars, that are worth a small fortune,that they use to thrash. I even know a fella that uses a 80's era Vette, fitted with an LS1, which is a dedicated burnout car.

I've posted a couple of pictures of it, with different paint schemes

30415029_1994907317494179_6540989008577560576_n.jpg

48384603_1144222312399735_4064641703292698624_n.jpg

As for transmissions.....99% use autos.....Using a manual, you tend to fry clutches too quick

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
My mate converted a VR4 legnum to rear wheel drive and used it for skids.
It was tiptronic so super quick changes and could sit at 240kph wheel speed on the spot.
Autos for burnouts :)

Dylan Hoermann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive S2
I've sat there manging my vp out and got it to around 80km wheel speed, currently looking at trans coolers and trying to find 14s!

My steering rack has started leaking as well, are they easy to service or am I better off just replacing the whole rack? Cheers

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Easier just to put a cheap second hand one in plus points if you can get a non power steering rack out of a vk, but that comes down to personal preference, I like non power assisted and feel what the cars doing a lot more than I can assisted especially at speed sideways before tipping in

Dylan Hoermann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive S2
I'll have to look into, I've always had power steering so getting rid of it will be unusual for me

Is it worth running double throttle body or not really as I still have the stock intake manifold? I currently have a v8 throttle body