Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais Air Conditioner water leaking in footwell

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hey Losh, you may be right but the hole is a bit rough looking. A wobbly circle so I assumed it wasn't factory. I've seen a few posts describing how to clear the drain from under the car too.
I made a bung by shaving down a cork from a wine bottle. Hard to get these days unless you've got a cellar of old wine or drink imported
or you could fit the cask bung and grab a drink as you drive. Non alcoholic ac water.

XC-Buzzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais V6
Ok all good input guys , my next move was to check the drain .. where exactly underneath the car will I find it? Next after that , I will have to start removing centre console to get a better look as to where it's coming from.. its leaking just above the left foot rest ..

XC-Buzzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais V6
And not to mention lifting the carpet , so I can get a hair dryer under there to dry out the underlay .. lol !

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
And not to mention lifting the carpet , so I can get a hair dryer under there to dry out the underlay .. lol !
You would be best removing the carpet and underlay, it might take a couple of days full sun.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Ok all good input guys , my next move was to check the drain .. where exactly underneath the car will I find it? Next after that , I will have to start removing centre console to get a better look as to where it's coming from.. its leaking just above the left foot rest ..
put on ramps and should b before the fire wall around the transmission area. Im guessing you have never seen water dripping under the car when ac active.

XC-Buzzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais V6
put on ramps and should b before the fire wall around the transmission area. Im guessing you have never seen water dripping under the car when ac active.
Yes I have been on the look out for the water under the car, and have noticed the lack of .. Di you think that during the Engine change , they could of damaged the drain pipe? And re gassing AC and some new fittings required for it I was told

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Yes I have been on the look out for the water under the car, and have noticed the lack of .. Di you think that during the Engine change , they could of damaged the drain pipe? And re gassing AC and some new fittings required for it I was told
anything is possible regarding damage, but doesnt mean yep. The genuine ac comp and condenser and dryer have about a 15+ year lifspan as the gas deteriorates the internals. So l renewed mine and the auto elec/ aircon fitter went over everything pointing out the possible concerns that can occur. Take it to a regisered aircon fitter would be best m8 if it hasn't been replaced. If it has you might have to pull the hole dash out to verify the leak area or to repair and that can be a big job for some.

XC-Buzzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais V6
anything is possible regarding damage, but doesnt mean yep. The genuine ac comp and condenser and dryer have about a 15+ year lifspan as the gas deteriorates the internals. So l renewed mine and the auto elec/ aircon fitter went over everything pointing out the possible concerns that can occur. Take it to a regisered aircon fitter would be best m8 if it hasn't been replaced. If it has you might have to pull the hole dash out to verify the leak area or to repair and that can be a big job for some.
Yep understood . Maybe the New gas , being the CFC free variety, big difference to the original it's been using all these years, hasn't agreed with the old system..

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Yep understood . Maybe the New gas , being the CFC free variety, big difference to the original it's been using all these years, hasn't agreed with the old system..
l cant agree or disagree. If it functions cooling wise?, it doesnt leak gas?its still kickn. You need to diagnose whats created the soggy boot.

XC-Buzzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais V6
l cant agree or disagree. If it functions cooling wise?, it doesnt leak gas?its still kickn. You need to diagnose whats created the soggy boot.
Yep still kicking ..but with this odd high pitched buzzing noise once the AC has cooled down cab , comes and goes every five minutes or so .. just turn the radio up louder do it doesn't drive you mad lol !!