Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais HSV Enhanced

nutshell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais HSV tuned
Hi

I recently brought a VP Calais 5ltr 11/1991 build with the HSV Enhanced option built 01/1992. I'm having trouble finding a approx. price of what the car is worth. all I have found is post from 2006 with a asking price of $14500 or standard VP Calais 5ltr asking about $7000-$8000. It needs a little body work and a few small bits to bring it back to it former glory.
Once I have fixed it what can I realistically expect to get from the car?
Where is the best place to buy genuine replacement parts?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Redbook says $1300 to $2800.

I should add that I owned a new VP Enhanced Calais from 5/1992, for three years and 85,000 kms. It was a magnificant car, very powerful and with an auto that was far more responsive than the lack-lustre electronic autos in the VR/VS series. However, that was back in the day, and today is in the now. Old cars are just not worth very much, unless they are very, very special.

Last edited:

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
^ what he said.
I own a VP calias. Fantastic car, wouldn't sell it, wouldn't get much for it either.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Being v8 calais would make it easier to sell than a v6.

HSV enhanced dash plaque & firewall tag is nice to have but not really adds value usually just suspension kit or 180kw pack (memcal/knock sensor/exhaust).

Not a bad car to have yet not highly valued either.