Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais International Bar??

VPcalais87

CNBNVS
Reaction score
Website
www.finessecarhire.com.au
Members Ride
VP Calais 5.0
Hi all just a quick one....

I've had my VP calais for about 8 months now and have just recently been told that my front bar is worth quite a bit.

The car is a 5.0L standard option series 1 Calais. I know for sure it's not an International edition. While parked outside the shops the other day I was approached by a guy that told me how good my car looked with that front bar (mind you it has slight damage to the left front). I told him it was standard and he laughed at me and then explained that the original Calais did not come out with fog lights and extra lip at the bottom. He also told me that the bar and fog lights could be worth a mint, even with slight damage!:w00t:

Just wanted to know if there is any truth in this... Is this really an International front bar and if so, what would it roughly be worth??

Thanks..

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Take a pic, and we can tell you :)

If it's an International front bar, there are people who would pay a good deal of money for it. If they are in fact International fog lights, then once again, they're worth quite a bit. Hard to come by those parts these days.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah it would only be ur Fog lights n bezzles n the lip that would be worth anythink.

I paid a fair bit for foggs when i was written off, bout 400ish, the another 200 for the lip

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Its just an SS front (and Internationals get the same SS bodykit)

Worth alot? That depends if someone wants it bad enough. I got the parts for my wagon over time and its cost me less than $200.

The guy who spoke to you is wrong, because it was optional on Calais to have the foglights and lip kit fitted.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Can you get some pics of the bar, and the switch.

Like i said, it was an option across the range, so its possible it was factory fitted (either way, if its the same product [plastic] who cares)