Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais Manual?

ChaoticVP

Hells Coming Praise Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
OK thanks for answering the question guys!! but it still leaves me with the question of whether i should stay with the automatic or whether it is worth my time and effort to get it converted down the line......in the long run i would love the manual but if its gonna cost me more then what it needs to be i will not bother with it......your help is greatly appreciated!!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Always worth the conversion to manual if you can D.I.Y.

I converted my Statesman in my driveway - best damn thing I ever did (aside from remove the power steering).

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Both of my cars are converted.

I'll never buy another auto, unless the model is only released with an auto, then it will be converted.

ChaoticVP

Hells Coming Praise Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
i may as well just keep asking questions because your all giving pretty good answers so here goes. i was kinda looking around for some body kits as well and i saw a couple of VP club sport ones and they looked pretty good was just wondering are they easy to track down and how much do you think one will cost.....or if there are any other body kits i should be looking at that would suit the VP nicely???

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've seen a geninue VP Calais for sale before, probably the same one Stealthy saw, extreme rare but there was at least a few made. Lot's of VN's

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i may as well just keep asking questions because your all giving pretty good answers so here goes. i was kinda looking around for some body kits as well and i saw a couple of VP club sport ones and they looked pretty good was just wondering are they easy to track down and how much do you think one will cost.....or if there are any other body kits i should be looking at that would suit the VP nicely???
The clubsport kit is the same as VP SS and VP Calais International, so look for parts from either/both of them, and you should find what you need. Its expensive finding the spotties tho, and some people think the kit is worth $1000 (i payed about $200 for mine :p)

I've seen a geninue VP Calais for sale before, probably the same one Stealthy saw, extreme rare but there was at least a few made. Lot's of VN's
The one i saw was a Red one. It had low k's, but the exterior was pretty thrashed considering. I think it was HSV enhanced aswell. One rare car right there!

I'm pretty sure back in the day of vn-vp it was a matter of the option box's that you ticked..... wish holden done that now :(
Too right. In later models, i've heard of 'favours' being done for mates etc, like a manual Super6 VT S, but back in VN/P, just tick a box and your away (some models were even standard as manual, with Auto as the option)

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Why ... you cant afford one :thumbsup::lock:

LMAO screw you, If they done it like that i would be more willing to save my money for a new car rather then waste it by going out a shitload (like i used to/still do) lol

BUT now its not like that so stuff it, the vn does the job fine :)