Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais Manual?

ChaoticVP

Hells Coming Praise Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
i recently acquired a VP Calais from someone in the family $1000 and it has 150,000 k's on it and it has a buggered diff (which is the first thing on my list to be done to it) but it also has been lowered and has a sports exhaust (do not ask for specs because i have no idea but i will be replacing everything) OK to the point i noticed and i have been doing quite a bit of research on this and i have not been able to find too many manual VP Calais it was just something i noticed after going through many forums of people's V P's and realized that nearly everyone has an automatic mine is automatic and i was just seeing if anyone had a manual as i am quite interested to see some

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
don't think there is such a thing as a factory manual calais, i've seen a couple of manauls, all converted but

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
no the calais didnt come out in manual as far as im aware.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i think they were some vn calais factory manual i may be wrong though

ChaoticVP

Hells Coming Praise Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
although i do remember seeing like 1 or 2 and as i am quite interested i guess far down the line i would love to have it turned to a manual this is my first car and im only 17 but do any of you no how much effort or the cost is of getting a manual transmission on it or whether it is worth it or just keep the automatic

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
There were 5 vn calais manuals made, there were done by walkenshaw and plated as hsv sv one of my mates has one in storage very low kms and in sweet nick

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Your all wrong.

VN had more than 5 manuals. Available on both V6 and V8.

VP also had them, but there were less made than the VNs. There was a Red manual V8 VP Calais for sale a while ago.

Genuine factory manuals will have cruise control deleted, which is usually how you can tell the difference. They also have a different code on the plate which is the sealer.
I'd rather converted ones, considering Internationals weren't made in manual, and i love cruise control (both my cars are converted manuals :))

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I can't remember where i read it, it was a while ago, but i remember it was a genuine atrticle, not some online post, and it said 150 VN calais V6 manuals were produced. Now where they went i don't now...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I can't remember where i read it, it was a while ago, but i remember it was a genuine atrticle, not some online post, and it said 150 VN calais V6 manuals were produced. Now where they went i don't now...

Theres 2 on this very forum!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
and my best mate had a factory vn calais manual... i told him he was full of crap till he showed me the vin plate with both the calais and manual code... before then i never knew there was ever any manual calais... now im wiser :p