Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais Remote Reprogramming?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 One Tonner & LX SL/R 5000
Hi all,

Is it possible to reprogram a remote for a VP Calais? I currently do not have a remote at all (neither working or non working).

Is it just a matter of obtaining the Security Code from the sticker off BCM and getting the remote recoded or do I also need the VIN of the car?

Are Holden the only option or are other places (like Mr Minit) able to recode the remote if I provide the Security Code?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
No one knows???

OK, maybe someone might be able to answer this quick question.

There is a 5 digit number on the BCM (VP Calais). I'm assuming this is the security code needed to program the remote to the BCM?

Or do you also need the VIN from the car the the BCM was originally fitted to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
im fairly certain that to get a VN/VP remote programmed, you have to get holden to send it away to the manufacturer to do it.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
You would need to take it into Holden to get it done, they will tell you which style of remote you have, there is 3. 2 of them can be programmed easily, but the 3rd like mine and im pretty sure will be like yours too is about $110 and they need to use a plug in diagnostics (maybe tech2 unsure) to program it to your car.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
ScoHar is sorta on the money.

Theres 2 types of VP remotes (The other is a different type for VN). One is now obsolete, so hope you don't have that one.
Last i knew holden still had the remotes in stock (if its the 2 button type, which it should be). Was $70ish for the remote, and $50 for the programming, but ONLY holden can do this. You will also need the override key cut (which a locksmith with access to holden numbers can do) if you don't already have one, and BEFORE you get the remote programmed.

When i say they should have them in stock, my local holden dealer had 3 in stock, i bought one, almost a year ago now. Although, they can order between dealers so you wont have to pay any postage charges.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
went hunting 6 months ago and amcap who supply the dealers had none for the 2 button type. i was told to go to west coast car alarms or sumone that stocks mongoose alarms

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
went hunting 6 months ago and amcap who supply the dealers had none for the 2 button type. i was told to go to west coast car alarms or sumone that stocks mongoose alarms

You've been given the same misinformation i had got. The 2 button type is NOT the mongoose one, the one button type is (and thats whats obsolete). Even mongoose themselves don't stock them anymore.

The 2 buttom holden type should stilll be avaliable from dealers. Will get the part number when i get home.

Reaction score
Members Ride
You've been given the same misinformation i had got. The 2 button type is NOT the mongoose one, the one button type is (and thats whats obsolete). Even mongoose themselves don't stock them anymore.

The 2 buttom holden type should stilll be avaliable from dealers. Will get the part number when i get home.

Thanks for that Stealthy.

Is the part number for the remote key 92040684 by any chance?

This is my understanding of the remotes. There are two different 2 button type of remote keys for the VP Calais.

One of them is used with non-BCM vehicles (Mongoose style). This was also used with the VN Calais (and VQ Series I).

The other is used with BCM vehicles (VP Calais and VQ Series II).

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I looked and can't find the spare remote i have, will have a look through all my parts and see where i put it, then get the number for ya, but that wont be til the weekend.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
yer i have the vq series two bcm type, remote is there justnot a very good goer