Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais ride quality

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
You'd want to check any original Holden bushes to make sure they have been stored properly and not perished with age. I like to buy OEM parts whenever possible but I've learned to be careful with rubber.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
"The car is nice on asphalt roads but we have a lot of harsh bituman and chip here."

I could say the same about my VP exec in its current state. Beautifully quiet and smooth on a good surface but harsh and noisy (and doesn't track too well) once the surface de-grades.
Mine goes in for an inspection today, wheel align if possible, to see what needs doing prior to her annual health inspection mid Feb. Already know I need new central muffler, probably new engine mounts and a new set of tyres very soon. Possibly a bent strut and rack end to deal with. Set that against good (working VR) Buick engine and tranny with supp. cooler, VT brake upgrade, working aircon, customised cup-holders and all the other bits n pieces over the years (eg re=built and balanced drive shaft and new strut tops). And balance it against the temptations of something more economical, more refined and safer.
A friend told me it's a mistake to ever get emotionally involved with a car. Too late......"I used to be half the whole of you and me, Now I'm the limit of half a man." Chris Smither "Slow Surprise"