Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais S2 rear cigarette lighter & internal illumination issue? is there a link?

samn3000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais s2
Hi guys, hope I can get an answer to this, my rear cigarette lighter in the VP calais seems to be causing the internal dome light to stay on and seems to also disconnect the alarm? It also seems to stop or at times provide very low dim light to the little red door lights?

I checked the door switches and the little green lights in the foot wells but nothing, I then wiggled the lighter and saw the light switch off?:bow:.... Before I go ripping it off has anyone had this same problem? OR was its just a coincidence that they went back to work? This has been happening a few times so not sure?

Has the rear cigarette lighter have links to the internal illumination? earth?

Thanks in advance Sam

samn3000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais s2
follow up - internal illumination relay controller?

hi guys just a follow up - after cleaning up the wires in the center console the problem is back - so decided to look at the fuse box (under the steering wheel) where the faint click comes from but could not locate where the relay or control unit is that turn off/on the illumination. When the ignition is on car running it turns the internal illumination of on instantly versus when the vcar is off there is a 2 min delay and you here a click.

Anyway if anyone can help me locate a relay or controller (even a part number that would be great) for the Vp calais.

cheers