Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais spats onto Berlina

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I recently purchased a pair of VP Calais rear arch spats and I'm curious to know if anyone has had any success putting them on a Berlina?

I don't have the brackets they usually sit on as they're spot welded to the car.

The side closest to the bumper seems pretty straight forward, but the other side closest to the rear doors has no where to drill/pop rivet onto.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
would be pretty easy as its three 10mm bolts through a piece of steel.... i skipped all that mess and just bought a calais

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
would be pretty easy as its three 10mm bolts through a piece of steel.... i skipped all that mess and just bought a calais

Yeah although this Berlina was a bargain so I couldn't pass it up, and I pretty much got the spats for dirt cheap also.

I might try making up my own brackets out of tin or something.

vp 5litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec BT1
will be inerested to see how yo as I have a exec tryed getin on but they seemed to sit funny was a gap and also have a senator kit on mine. So I ended up getin rid of em.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
go to the original car drill out the spot welds, remove plate and weld it into your belina done.

All the door moulds/chroming/pin stripe what ever you got will line up fine, it the VQs that dont match as the chrome's lower and on the VQ its higher

l_c45beda592e55beddc516840c022d1fe.jpg

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
They will be going on a VP Berlina and yes they line up perfectly with the bumper/door moulds.

Looks like I'll have to look for a pair of brackets now.

tufwgz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Wagon
back in the days when i had my VP, i bought the spats as well. My VP was an exec and i just used self tapper screws on either ends and the top to hold it in place. Just note that (i'm not sure for berlina's), but the spats from the calais don't match up with exec's (maybe berlina's too). but my old VP was white and i took all the door strips and everything off so you couldn't really tell that it didn't match. I wouldn't bother with getting a bracket.