Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp calais urgent help

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
hi guys,

I was driving my vp calais in the city and it just stopped. I cranked the engine over, just keeps cranking but no fire. I've got dual fuel and tried both, no luck. I've got all the windows down and I tried to get them up (electric), nothing. factory sunroof, nothing. tried the central locking, nothing.

does this sound like the computer? can I use a v6 computer with the v8 memcal? do I need a calais computer will any do?

any help is greatly appreciated. I've got nowhere to put the car and with the windows down without locking it and 60km from home it's going to be real hard to deal with.

cheers

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
can I use a v6 computer with the v8 memcal?
Any VN or VP computer will do.
I'm using a 6 cyl one in my V8 with V8 memcal.
You could even use one out of a Camira or Pulsar/Astra. Just make sure the ECU part number has "808" on it.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
just thought i'd update this thread - looks like it was the fuel pump in the end. unplugged it at the tank and started it up on gas, no more blown fuses. i still find it really weird how all the electrics disappear when there's no fuse for the fuel pump, not a design decision i understand but i guess that's just how it's wired.

also thanks for the info on the computers, will definitely be helpful in the future!

chefman101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Commodore Stabed Rat
i had this problem and it turned out to be the oil pressure switch had sorted. the oil pressure switch is a backup if the fuel pump relay fails

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
i had this problem and it turned out to be the oil pressure switch had sorted. the oil pressure switch is a backup if the fuel pump relay fails

Yeah,its all inter-related,in your case the fuel pump doesn't get power until the oil pressure is up on the switch if its own(pump) relay/fuse fails.