Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Central Locking

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
Hey guys so today i was removing my Drivers door, door trim from my VP S2 Excutive, to install some front speakers and as soon as the trims off, i needed to lock my car, much to my surprise it decided it didnt want to lock. Now i have no clue what has happened because i only removed the door trim and now when i press the key to lock it, it doesnt even move.

So if any of u guys have had the same problem or anyone knows how to fix it or what is wrong, id appreciate the help.

Thanks, Anthony

been there

Reaction score
Hi there, It may well be a silly question, but was the door not fully closed? I know on the vr onwards they wont lock if the door is not closed properly.
Otherwise, there should be a connector on or near the lock solenoid, and another inside the drivers door pillar, make sure the connectors are all making good contact.
Another thought would be to check that the fuse is not blown, you may have shorted it out. Its under the steeringwheel, I dont know the number though.
Do all the other locks work?

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, its not the fuse because i press the lock button and all the other doors lock and then they all unlock. Its just the drivers side front door. I believe that its something in the components within the door, but i now cant even lock the door with the key its as if somethings stopping it from locking but i dont know what or how it has happened.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Look to see if anything is fouling on the loock mechanism. So, clips etc. Itll will be that something is preventing the lock from locking.

aZk.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ive had a look but i couldnt find anything, what i found was when the rod from the lock button(the red button that pops up and down when u lock and unlock your car) was pushed down, where it connects to the whole lock mechanism, it doesnt push down anymore, when as on my front passenger door, the rod pushes down the whole way. So i think its something within the mechanism which i cant see or get my hands into.

Any ideas on where to go to get it looked at or anyone on here able to help in Southern Adelaide

been there

Reaction score
make sure the button on the trim is in its little groove and able to move freely, better still remove it as a temp measure, then the indicator stem will wabble around, this may give you a better indication.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah the whole trim is removed so theres no trim, not button and theres just the indicator stem. Tried a couple of things including using a screwdrive to flick the actual door lock to the lock position, it then locked the car totally and now i can unlock any of the doors and not even with the key or by pulling the door buttons up, even the rear doors are locked, its like a secruity measure, so now i have another problem.

Thanks for your reply guys.

been there

Reaction score
so now all the doors are locked and closed are they? and you can not open them at all?
I was (and welcome to enlightenment on this) sure that the rear doors do not have any deadlocking mechs in them, the only way they would force lock would be electronically through the central locking fuse, At a Long shot, I would try removing the fuse or if unreachable remove the battery. This will remove the electronic linking between all the doors, and hopefully remove all forces other than mechanical.
Other than that, i am not too sure.
Good luck mate

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate just letting u know that i went and saw a commodore place and apparently it was deadlocked, and even the rear doors were deadlocked, i even disconnected the battery and they were still locked but its all fixed now and i really thank you for your help.

Thanks, Anthony