Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Commodore Cannot open front passenger door

S

shaky1963

My central locking has just failed,i can open driver front door with key but the others would not open,the front passenger door will not open with key in this particular door.I have had the keyless entry/immobiser deactivated for 2 months as that was playing up.I finally got the rear doors open by holding up the internal lock latches and using internal door levers,This did not work with the front passenger door.Any suggestions on how to open this door would be much appreciated

R

rattattack1313

tha relay connections might be dirty....or the motor thingies themselves might be buggered.......check and replace .......

M

MavVP

I love the helpfullness of some people, "the motor thingies", dont take offense ratattack, it cool, i have said worse things like aclling the wiper jets squirty things, aaaahhhhhh to be aussie and like holdens :)

S

shaky1963

Well i finally got the door open.Of the three doors i could open,i cleaned the contacts and checked as much wiring as i could,incase it was damaged causing a voltage drop.All seemed ok.So in desperation on the unopenable door, i eased away the inside lining as much as i could.It came completely off which i did not think it would do while shut,but it did.Just used a flat screwdriver to flick the latch from inside the door and open she went.Ive temporarily removed all the actuators so as to allow door to work conventionally until i get the electrics sorted

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i have the same problem with both of my rear door, i used gease and WD-40(best thing ever), it fixs it for a while i need to do it again (6 months later).