Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp commodore executive project & daily wagon

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
I can not believe my eyes. The progress you have made with that white vp. :eek: and you have also done well with the wagon :)
I'm a big fan of the vp's, i have a vp calais. Your daily wagon looks pretty clean aswell besides the paint issues and white tailgate. But it looks straight and seems to be in good condition. I think it will come up quite nice with a respray. Is the front on the wagon bagged or just lowered with lowered springs? Also what wheels are on both of them? i like them. especially the black ones. Are you going to get white door handles/ mirrors for the sedan? or do you like them as is? and... one last question, what tail lights are in the wagon? never seen them before.
Thanks heaps james_55.
The dailly wagon is pretty straight. body wise the main issue is a the rh side sill pannel under the drives door has been caved in, but no biggie, will be quiet an easy car to prep for paint and panel.

The wagon is lowwered on ksport full adjustable coilovers in the front. Very goof product. Had them for 3 years in the white sedan and the missus vp sedan too.

The white vp is rolling on vy spac/vy sv8 17x8 wheels with 235/45/17s

The wagon has vz crewman thunder/ vz sv8 wheels resprayed gloss black.

As for the sedan im keeping the gloss black handles and mirrors as i feel it looks to plain with out the black to set it off.

The taillights in the wagon are aftermarket full clear which i used red nightshade to colour the top and bottem as stop and tail combind eith the clear in the middle been indercators and the reverse lights been relocated to the reflector location on the rear bar just below the tailights.
Juat wanted to design them like the seires on vp sedan tailights

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Oh well. Learn by mistakes. When I painted the VR I had I didn't use a block to sand with, just hand sanded and it made it look all ripply and just bad. But I learnt from that mistake and now I use a block. Once you take it back and prep it good it should look pretty good. Runs in the paint and orange peel and stuff like that is easy fixed.
Also top job on the brakes, they look really good.

I love learning with trial and error kts great to see the differnce as u progress with expirance, and u save some good $$$ doing i
Yourself

Thanks i really happy with the brakes,
Nice bit of colour to draw attention if u look but not so much that u see them from a mile away

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
black guard looks gangsta. gives it street cred... :shooting:

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Yeah i want to but i am unsure of how to put up photos??

i find the easyest way is too us the image link option in the quick replie menu, (3rd i con from the far right) then u can use an image url from a different sight ect facebook or even jc album i your profile.

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
apart from use and abuse done nothing to mine.
644391_976835875674364_3899626684388195078_n.jpg

the old daily now the missus project.
10305974_799281330096487_7629480988124694880_n.jpg

and her old vp.
479981_586560358035253_1125879183_n.jpg

unfortunatly this happend, had 18''s alround removed rears so it could be pushed to the garage.
attachment.php

white sedan dash, yes did need a lean at time of photo
attachment.php

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
You must love VP's. That black one looked nice, it a shame that happened to it. Do you still have it?

Yeah i seem to have a reall addiction.
When i first got togeather with the missus i bought the white sedan then she bought the black sedan as a project, it was matt black with primmer and metallic blue when we got it.

Once the cop att on mine became to high i bought a red sedan as a daily which got totaled when i came across a holden captiva doing a uturn mid way around a blind corner in a 70zone ended up tboning them there insurance pay out bought the maroon sedan. Which i used as a daily untill hers got reared and sold her mine (for cheap oviously) and then i got the wagon registed ,already had the wagon was going to part it out for the other 3.

And yeah still got the black shell. Mostly stripped now on blocks beside the shed