Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Commodore Relays?

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Hi guys, just need some info on the relay box under the hood of my VP V6. The dodgy old bloke who had it before me decided to absolutely annihilate all the electrics. Pretty much nothing worked when I got it but things are slowly starting to fire up. I went to pick up a new bumper and the bloke was an auto electrician, I told him that my thermo fan and heater fan weren't working and he literally just changed a relay (was 4 pin but needed 5 pin) and then they both worked. Does anyone have a diagram or similar of which relays go where, and what type of relay? Or are most of them the same? Cheers guys.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
I just checked my VP, they are all 4 pin except for the LP CHK which is 5. As you pull out the relay, have a gander and see how many pins are in the socket, my 4 pin relays had 4 pins in the socket.

Hope this helps

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
I just checked my VP, they are all 4 pin except for the LP CHK which is 5. As you pull out the relay, have a gander and see how many pins are in the socket, my 4 pin relays had 4 pins in the socket.

Hope this helps

Awesome cheers mate I'll have a look tomorrow