Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Commodore Turns Off At Random - Stumped

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Got a vp wagon with an issue were not sure if fuel or eletrics - she started by turning off sitting idling every now & then & progressed. Now she will do it sitting & traffic lights & sometimes leaving them & the last time we drove it going around a corner - put her in neutral hit the key & she fires right back up. Had one episode of her jerking badly 3 times when i think she went to cut out leaving a set of lights.
Have parked it up now untill we can find the issue - seems like fuel but the fact it starts straight back up has me thinking otherwise - anyone struck anything like this before???
I deal in commodores for a living & this is a new 1 to me.....
Cheers for any thoughts of were to look....

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
My attention would be on the CAS, sounds similar to something I experienced a few years ago.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Had a similar problem on my 5 litre and eventually tracked it down to the coil failing when hot. Installed a new coil on the passenger firewall where it's much cooler and the problem went away.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
My attention would be on the CAS, sounds similar to something I experienced a few years ago.
Were going to chuck a new 1 in it soon & start a method of elimination, already replaced the dfi plate & coils

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Had a similar problem on my 5 litre and eventually tracked it down to the coil failing when hot. Installed a new coil on the passenger firewall where it's much cooler and the problem went away.
wish this was a 5 litre shes only the trusty old buick

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Probably fuel pump related CAS usually wont fire straight back up until it cools, my car did the same once would go then stop I just got my sub cranked up to keep the propeller spinning in the fuel pump from the bass, also check the relay as well.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Probably fuel pump related CAS usually wont fire straight back up until it cools, my car did the same once would go then stop I just got my sub cranked up to keep the propeller spinning in the fuel pump from the bass, also check the relay as well.
New fuel pump in it from the last owner but yeah ill be checking the fuel system, drop the tank & get the pump out to check it...