Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Commodore Window Switch LED's

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Hey Guys, Don't know if this has been covered before, Had a quick search and couldn't find anything good.

Im about to change the LED's in my window switches in my calais, The rear ones have green LED's in them and the front has nothing, I have opened the front ones up and they have the little connector that goes to the LED.

I'm going to use 3mm Red LEDs with 620R 0.6w resistors. I had a look at the back ones and the resistor on them is 680R so im guessing its close.

Wish me luck and ill keep ya updated.

Attachments

• 12-08-08_1139.jpg
    12-08-08_1139.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 12-08-08_1140.jpg
    12-08-08_1140.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 12-08-08_1141.jpg
    12-08-08_1141.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 12-08-08_1142.jpg
    12-08-08_1142.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 380

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
right guys gonna need some help now, I've done the 2 rear and 2 for the front drivers and passengers, and have missed out the 2 rear ones in the front switches.

When I plug them in sounds like the relay/module under the dash is going crazy, when I press the kiddy lock button to off it makes the buzzing noise, when i unlock the kiddy lock it stops.

Now i've pulled the 2 switches off the back doors and that seems to stop the noise, so its gotta be something within the rear switches, anyone know what I'm doing wrong???:bang::bang::bang:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Have you tried it with just one rear switch in at a time? See if you can narrow it down to a single switch?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Have you tried it with just one rear switch in at a time? See if you can narrow it down to a single switch?

Seems to be both sides? crazy now, since the rear ones already had Green LED's Standard and the front had none just the poles coming up.
Anyways got the front ones going which is good for me. sort the back ones out later when I have some mates to sit in the back lol

Also, did anyone else know that when the rear window switches are plugged in the front control won't more them up and down.

Anyways im slowly getting through this LED situ and gonna be mint soon, many many more led's to go.

Good thing i've got a calais as there is power sources bloody everywhere.