Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp commodore

ALOWVP

*sponsered by centrelink*
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Executive, Vn S-pac 5speed
Hey guys thinking about selling my vp excutive need funds to buy a manual vn.
just wondering around what price i would get for it. its not Rego or RWC but from my point of view its in pretty good nic.
just had all the relays re-wired, everything works like blinkers brake light n stuff like that. the only thing that dont work is the horn.
Theres some photos too. the last one is photoshopped wit a mates wheels

Cheers ALOWVP

Attachments

• 08012010(001).jpg
    08012010(001).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10,105
  • 0612091644-00.jpg
    0612091644-00.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,767
  • 0612091646-00.jpg
    0612091646-00.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 504
  • 1012091011-00.jpg
    1012091011-00.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 550
  • 1012091011-01.jpg
    1012091011-01.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 4,262
  • Brents Mags.jpg
    Brents Mags.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 5,451

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
It would be cheaper to convert it to manual, because you will loose too much in the dea if you had paid someone to do the work on it in the past, unless you get a good swap.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Ahh, maybe you should tell us some more things about it, yeah? We can't really tell what it is just by looking at it. 6 or 8? Engine work/condition? Upgrades? Kilometers on the clock? The wheels that you will eventually be selling it with? Pics of the interior? Any faults? etc...

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
well the suspension does not do it any justice...
I would say as above, I sold my VN for $1800.00 FRWC (6 month rego) normal shocks fitted, new Taranzas all round, stereo working, air con good, all good, straight body no dent, paint good, sway bars.

Your looking at less the $2000.00, fix the shocks up and yu might get a bit more.

BTW- if it has poor tyres, poor stereo, poor suspension, poor air con, no rwc, then you would be hard pushed giving it away.

Cheers

Dan

ALOWVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
_R_J_K_
Ahh, maybe you should tell us some more things about it, yeah? We can't really tell what it is just by looking at it. 6 or 8? Engine work/condition? Upgrades? Kilometers on the clock? The wheels that you will eventually be selling it with? Pics of the interior? Any faults? etc...

well is a 6 with no engine work, bloke told me it had a ported n polished throtle body mind u it might not have. runs fine, autos fine, well in excelent condition to me as i've being in some pretty bad ones. the dash has 152xxx on it but its a vn dash anywyas so dont know how many it has actually done. will most probly be selling with the stockys on it as they have the best tread on them anyways. ill get some pics of the interior, the only things wrong with it that i know of is the horn doesnt work and the power steering leaks abit.

vp_commo
well the suspension does not do it any justice...
I would say as above, I sold my VN for $1800.00 FRWC (6 month rego) normal shocks fitted, new Taranzas all round, stereo working, air con good, all good, straight body no dent, paint good, sway bars.

Your looking at less the $2000.00, fix the shocks up and yu might get a bit more.

BTW- if it has poor tyres, poor stereo, poor suspension, poor air con, no rwc, then you would be hard pushed giving it away.

well the suspension does not do it any justice?? in two of the photos it doesnt have rear springs in it, it will come with stock springs in the back and its got monroe shocks in it, possibly will put the front back to stock hight to sell it, not to sure on that one.

Thanks guys

ALOWVP

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
A lot of buyers are looking for a first car, and might not like somthing that is modified because mum and dad are helping out, and dont approve.
Not to mention the insurance companies for under 25.
My vn was lowered but the shocks went and I replaced them and the springs from the wreckers.

cheers

Dan

ALOWVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
so is that a hint to put it back to stock height? its really stock as a rock, got stock steering wheels on stock seats STOCKys so going by what u said that should help me out?

ALOWVP

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
depends
is it ging to be expensive, but if you can then do the stock shocks.
Its hard to say, you never make a lot out of these kinda sales, but you want to move it and dont
want to be stuck with it.
A rwc improves its saleability as a lot of cheap commos on the market need over $1000.00 dollars work done to them to make the RWC.
Do a RWC on the cheap then flogg it off.

cheers

ALOWVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
may i ask why u think putting stock shocks in it will give it better chance of selling?