Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Commodore

Glenn Parker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Berlina
Afternoon all, just after some advice on a coolant flush and change in my Vp Commodore. Radiator easy to flush and heater coil, is there a drain plug on the block to remove all of the water before refilling the system.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
All I do is remove the bottom hose drain it, remove top hose and flush it out putting the hose in the bottom first till it runs out the top then go from the top and flush it out the bottom. Then I remove the heater hose that goes thru the belt tensioner to thermostat and poke the hose in the bottom radiator hose till it runs out clear, put all hoses back on bar the top radiator hose, add coolant and start the car with heater on fall, once the thermostat opens you will see the clear or weak coolant coming out of top hose wait till it goes nice and dark then you know all the water that was in the block is now gone, put the top hose back on and bleed the air out, PS if you haven't changed your thermostat or heater tap its a good time to replace them saves doing them latter.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
There is a small drain plug on each side of the V8 block low down and near the engine mount. Maybe 7/16 head from memory - you will see it when you are there.
It's about an inch lower than the welch plugs

Glenn Parker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Berlina
Sorry Guy's, best place to get the heater tap.