Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Dash Equipment

I

ir8prim8

My odomiter and my trip meeter have stoped clocking over and my fule and rtemp gages are always reading incorectily or not reading without a thump.

is it possible to fix all the equitment so it reads right and works.

can u buy new equiptment for it and also get a tako for it.

all help is greatly apreciated

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i take it you have a level 1 cluster? the dash with just fuel speedo and temp?
i would suggest just buying a level 2 cluster for less than $50. this will give you a tacho and should fic your problems. having to thump the dash is a common problem and i think the only way to fix it is to do something to the voltage regulator inside the cluster.
if you want to go an extra step, get a level 3 cluster from a calais

I

ir8prim8

ye it would be the lvl1 cluster (as u put it)

where exactily do i go to get them form? can i buy them online? can i install them my self? is there any modifacations needed? if i can install it my self how hrd would u rate it form piss easy(1) to hard as all F*#@!(10) to do?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
what dash do you want to install, the level 2, or the level 3 calais dash? level 2 will just go straight in, but level 3 will require modifying the wiring, and im not sure how to do that on a VP. look around the wreckers for those clusters

I

ir8prim8

thanks again i will do that

is it hard to ghet into the dash to install them or is it just a fiew pices here and there to get to it ?