Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Dash Upgrade to Level 3 Vs Dash

Loud N Proud

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 s pack
I have a VS dash and Tacho to put in my VP, And now I'm hearing you cant do this as it will go up in smoke. I've also heard people getting level 3 dashes into VP's and get everything working without too much trouble. I just want to be 100% sure that I can put the VS dash into my VP.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I'm pretty sure you need to get a vn-vp level 3 dash or rewire the plugs at the back of the dash so it dosnt go up in smoke

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Talk to 88GreenVN on here or message him,he will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
you can fit VS gauges to YOUR VP cluster. You just have to use the VP PCB, voltage regulator and warning light diffusers. As for level 3 upgrade for a VP you just need the 4th plug patch loom and a converted switch block so the interior light delay and rear demister work properly. So if you can solder up 11 or so wires and follow a wire diagram the level 3 upgrade is an hour job.

Loud N Proud

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 s pack
could you give me a few pointers on how to wire up the windshield wipers not sure on how to do that one

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Window wipers you use the level 1 (exec) one pull the little PCB's off the back of the wiper switch and swap them over. If you plug in the level 3 one they usually burn out.

See this Thread for more info. I added a bit of a how to in there to do a level 3 conversion its fairly early on as i did it like 2 or 3 years ago

Loud N Proud

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 s pack
Lol still no Link Pub247 XD!
Also thanks for the help so far its really appreciate it i'm having a bit of trouble with the windscreen wipers and the lights. Help Please???

I have done the hazards, rear demister and air con. I have mounted the old demister vents from the VP onto the front of the new VS dash. Its looking pretty sweet at the moment. I even have the door trims mounted and they look great!