Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP door locks

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
My central locking works great in warm weather but on cool mornings, one lock gets a bit unreliable. I have replaced both rear actuators, Fixed the prolem in the right one, now the left one is playing up. Is there a simple solution???

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Were they second hand actuators? There might be dry solder joints inside the actuator. Unfortunately, to fix this you've got to rip it apart and re solder it, but ruin the water proof seal they have. Best bet is to get another actuator and give it another shot. OR, Try switch the left and right actuator and see if the problem switchs doors.

If the problem still stays in the same door, you might have some dodgy wiring. Might be a cut wire inside the door grommet, or running down somewhere from the central locking module behind the glovebox.

If you've got an air compressor, disconnect the actuator, spray both the actuators connection slot, and the power cable with WD-40, plug them in and out a few times (dozen should do) then spray all the WD-40 out.

Worth a shot?

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
Solved. After 3 actuators, I replaced the actual locking mechanism with a cleaned and lubricated one......took 10 minutes.