Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Drivers Door Deadlocked

vpowner92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Somebody recently tried and failed to steal my VP commodore wagon and in the process they stuffed up the drivers side door lock. As a result I had been using the passenger side door to deadlock and unlock the car. All was fine until my wife decided she needed to get something from my car and deadlocked the car from the drivers side. With the drivers lock being stuffed I cant unlock the car with the key on the drivers or passenger side or with the remote. The only way in is thru the boot of my wagon which sucks.

I have two options:

1. Get the lock changed over by a mechanic about $130 when i called this week.

2. Is it possible to drill out the drivers door lock and disable the deadlock and then maybe be able to lock the car via the passenger door?

Thanks to anybody for their help in advance!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
usually to unlock it you have to use alot of force, when i deadlocked my calais i had to turn almost to the point where the key felt it was gonna break to unlock it.

vpowner92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Thanks for the advice TVR-161, I will try that again, I didn't want to use too much force before as it looked as though the lock has been jemmied with a screwdriver, seeing as though I may not have used enough force last time, might have to use something extra for leverage.

Cheers

vpowner92

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
just be careful that you dont break your key.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
take the door trim off with the door closed. I managed to do this on a VP Calais at the reckers (to get the door speaker pods to upgrade my VN wagon) since the door was totally stuffed. It was fairly easy apart from taking out the 3 screws at the bottom of the door pod.

Once you have the door trim off, manually unlock the door by sticking your hand inside and pulling up the little lever. Once the doors open your got heaps of room to take out the lock and try to unlock it. and reassemble it.

Wardy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
I currently can't get into my vs sedan as deadlock won't disengage I don't have a working fob and I've broken 5 keys so far. Lock Smith won't touch it due to deadlock ... Any suggestions?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You should have posted a new thread in the VR/VS forum with your problem instead of tacking it on to one in the VN/VP forum. Anyway, you could try squirting some WD40/RP7 (or equivalent) into the door lock. Leave it for a while to penetrate and see if that helps with the deadlock. You might have to do this a number of times. It's usually not recommended to use lubricant like WD40/RP7 in locks because if dust enters it can gum up the locks. Normally you use a dry lubricant, such as graphite. However, in your case at the moment, it may be worth a try before you start damaging bits of the door card.