Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp engine block leaking

hsvguy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Berlina sedan 3800 V6
Got home last night and my vp was overheating and i noticed that oil or something was coming out of a crack in the engine block where the top of the engine connects to the heads. does anybody know what may be wrong?

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
head gasket, or rocker cover seals. wash it down then have another look. but before you jump up and down crying check your welsh plugs just under the exhaust manifolds

hsvguy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
no probs. the car has been boiling at the radiator reservoir for a few days and i just kept putting water in and it seemed to be going ok but last night it overheated and was pissin out black smoke, called the raa and they changed some relay over and it seemed to working fine after that then when i got home it wasnt boiling over but it was comin out the engine block. will get somebody to check it as im not very good when it comes to that sort of stuff lol

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
radiator fan relay no doubt. save your self some coin, get a mirror and torch and have a good look see. even use your fingers on the side of the block to check the welch plugs

hsvguy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
where are the welsh plugs?

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
the casting holes in the block. 3 on each side straight under the manifolds should be discs of steel or brass. also check for water in your oil and visa versa

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Top of the engine, meaning the intake/inlet manifold?

If that is the case it is possible that the inlet manifold gasket is leaking, a lot of them on VN-VR's and even some newer commos are having them let go due to age. Do you have oil in your coolant or vice versa?