Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp exhaust query

webby91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagon
hey guys
just wondering if anyone can tell me if the vn exhaust differs to the vp? and more importantly how much, if at all does the exhaust differ from sedan to wagon?
thanks in advance
cheers scott

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
well after fitting a system to both my wagon and one from same makers to my mates sedan to me the only difference is in the tail pipe

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VN series 2 changed to a flange join and a flex in the rear muffler, the same as the VP. The mounts are all the same though, so the systems will interchange for live axle.

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
my series 1 has flange joins except for where the tail shaft goes on

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
im referring to a stock one the mounts off the muffler are in different places unless its an aftermarket duel fitment i know this for a fact because i tried to fit my s1 vn exhaust off the race car to my s1 vp and yeh sure the flanges will bolt up but the rubbers on the muffler are different locations when i get a chance ill take some pics of a vn and a vp and point the difference out

webby91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagon
ok so vn series 1 doesnt have the flexy part after the muffler. meaning series 2 which does will interchange with the vp's?
or are the mounts still different? is it just the mount on the actual muffler that doesnt line up?
can anyone confirm that the only difference in sedan to wagon exhuast is the length of the tail section? meaning if the tail part after all the bends is extended itd fit?
cheers
scott

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
is this exhaust ya looking at the stock original one off a vn or an after market one ? and is it a s1 or s2 ?

webby91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagon
ive got a vp wagon and basically both mufflers are fu**ked and i cant afford new nor can i afford to buy a secondhand exhaust thats not gona fit. so ive gota be sure what im chasing, and my local wrecker only has sedans