Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hey i got a VP commodore and was just looking for some ideas on some exterior mods i have a recent pic.

Also needing help on technical questions.

paul_grima-albums-vp-first-car-picture8616-rear-shot.jpg

Last edited:

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
oh **** i hate that colour same as mine and clear coats comin off every where i cant wait till i get a respray i would say grp a kit or senator.
or u could dump it on its ass put nice rims on clear side indicators lose trolley strips put calais wheel spats on would look good 2

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
clean and deep cut polish, debadge, new grille, window tint, rims, exhaust tip, clear side indicators

mickVPace

Virtually Perfect
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BERLINA
same colour as mine. my paint is the same would a cut and polish make paint lookin like this better? i thought painting it was my only option. but yeah just chuck on some mags and maybe lower it. tint the windows too.

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
tint the rear garnish n tail lights
superrlows n sprayy the rims black or silver :)

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Thanks for the replys everyone. Great ideas! Was interested in knowing, how i would remove the strips without ruining the paint underneath? is it the same process as debaging it?
and also calais wheel spats can someone explain the to me. And does anyone know know the legal limit is for lowering it? and yeh id like to paint the rims silver! thanks again! :)

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Never mind i know how to do the strips and the badges now. just interested to know where to get this paint to tint the rear garninsh/tail lights..? and is it called night shade?
My parcell shelf has 2 holes cut into it for 6x9's and also a small cut in the metal underneath :S
what to do about this when going for roady?

Another question is my central locking is not working at all.. key or no key door open or closed just no power.
would love some help with this. Thanks in advance. Paul :)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
the holes in the parcel shelf will be ok, but the holes in the metal underneath won't. they will need to be welded up before you can get a roadworthy. if you don't want to fit 6x9s then go grab another parcel shelf from the wreckers because it will look nicer. last time i bought one it cost $30. still need to weld the holes though.

also tinting the rear lights makes them unroadworthy. you may be able to get away with it if you don't tint the reflectors on them, but then it looks ****. considering you're trying to get a roady it's probably not the best option :)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
get the chrome calais pin stripes around the bumpers
calais window chrome
VT or WK clear indicators
new grill (colour coded)
colour code side mirriors
de-badge, simple is best

and then do your own thing tint or low or wheels or body kit etc.

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
the holes in the parcel shelf will be ok, but the holes in the metal underneath won't. they will need to be welded up before you can get a roadworthy. if you don't want to fit 6x9s then go grab another parcel shelf from the wreckers because it will look nicer. last time i bought one it cost $30. still need to weld the holes though.

also tinting the rear lights makes them unroadworthy. you may be able to get away with it if you don't tint the reflectors on them, but then it looks ****. considering you're trying to get a roady it's probably not the best option :)

Thanks for that levy. So would i just weld a plate over the holes? And yeh it sounds like ile just avoid tinting the garnish etc at least untill i do the roady. but i can still get 12 months rego before ile need another roady so ile see :p