Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp front seat

half

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp sedan
My drivers seat broke away from the runners, so I took it out and stripped it, welded it up and put it back together, once I have it back in the car the hieght adjuster keeps going to the top once I get out and take the weight off it.
If I set it to about half way if I go over a bump it goes to the bottom again. All the nuts are tight and in the right places, only things I had spare were 2 little rubber things.Did not see where they come from.I stripped it outside at night as the wife needed to car in the morning, and I could not get into the garage due to a dead 4x4 in the way

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
To fix this originally I just knocked the pin out that holds the spring which is loaded up and wrapped around the shaft in place... But I'm quite tall and wanted the seat on the floor anyway, you can weld the teeth on the height adjuster too however...

half

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp sedan
Yes I thought of that.It been a bit suspect for a while,Now its real bad. once I played with it

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
look for a place were it rubs. It would have to have friction to stop it moving.
You can get rs seats complete for next to nothing. Just ask the wreakers

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I stripped it outside at night as the wife needed to car in the morning, and I could not get into the garage due to a dead 4x4 in the way
Sounds like 70% of all aussie male houses, HE HE HE!!!

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Get an old seat base from thew wreckers, stuff messing wif them.Seats are everywhere & cheap as.Shuv on a anuva base.Dun this many times 4 my 18yr old idiot teenage son here.He keeps coming home from the wreckers wif diffrent types of seats 4 his VN.I have so many old seats here now i'm thinking of making a bus.Damm kids..ffs..!!The other day he scorred him sum VT SS seats.A bit dirty but ya can't winge 4 $80 for the fronts & rears.The drivers seat base was broken, wat is it wif the bloke at GMH welding seats ffs..??I just happened to have several spares here so i did sum surgery.
Took me 2 washes wif sugar soap & a scrubbing brush to clean them.They look llike newies now.He's happy..

half

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp sedan
my house has a double garage and one drive width to it so it can be a pain, the 4x4 is a runner again so I have the garage now