Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP GTS Fibreglass Grille

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
I have one on my vp sedan. If you have a stock exec bar you will need to cut it a little and you will need to drill the steel tabs and paint the grill but mine looks sweet!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Also, they're defs not genuine, Holden doesn't do fiberglass to my knowledge

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
sweet as, thats the info im after. what part of it would i have to cut a little?? do you have a photo??

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
when i hear the word fibreglass it means im going to be trimming and cutting or adding to get it just right. test fit before you paint...

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
The one I got I didn't actually have to cut at all, it was a pretty good fit, just had to drill the mounting tabs as I said. I'll try get a photo for you a bit later but it's the little rail that sits in the middle of the front bar, directly under the grill. I just cut the tabs that hold it on and then sanded them down with a Dremel, but you won't see them cos the grill covers it so neatness isn't important. Make sure you give it a good sand (mine didn't have the best finish) and fit it up properly before you paint it. I fitted mine up and drove with it unpainted for half a week to make sure there are no issues with fitting.

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
ah ok then, hopefully that happens for me too haha ok ill do it similair to how you have, depending on how mine comes. thanks a heap mate, please upload photos when you can though, would be good to see how it fits and everything :)

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
I don't know how well they came out but in the first one, just below the grill on the front bar is where I cut the small rail out, the screw holes along the top have to be drilled out, the second one shows the bottom mounting tabs (steel) that you have to drill. It's a little fiddly but I managed in about halfa, just fit it up approximately mark the holes and drill. I forgot to mention I had to shave about 5mm off the edge of the steel tabs to get a nice fit, but if you have tin snips that won't be an issue. I didn't have to touch the fiberglass except for drilling the top holes. Hope it helps

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328857339456.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328857339456.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 788
  • uploadfromtaptalk1328857401142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328857401142.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 323

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Been looking at one of these for the VN. I am aware that the head lights are a different shape. But I have seen some VN's with this grille and I'm liking the look.
I will be getting one soon, hopefully it's better than the sv5000 guard flares from these guys...

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
that looks like a damn good fit mate thanks alot, you have helped out heaps. makes me want to get one even more now haha