Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp immobiliser

raggedyandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8L V6
Hey guys, when I start my vp it makes a horrible beeping noise and a light flashes continously for about two minute while im driving and then they both stop after that. I dont have the immobiliser key. Any ideas on what I should do?
Thanks

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
What light flashes???????

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
locate your immobiliser lock and either write the code down to have a key cut OR spend the time to undo the lock and hardwire the immobiliser/bcm off.

I'm pretty sure someone with a immobiliser key and lock floating around on JC could give or sell you a lock and key.

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
More information would be good as Nut Kracker said.
What light? Where is the beep coming from? Have you ever had a remote or is it the key style?
Do you know if it is the OEM Remote Alarm fitted to VN/VP? If so contact your nearest Mongoose Australia dealer and they can help you with coding or removal.

raggedyandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8L V6
Its the "press remote" button(sorry was ment to state that).
It doesnt really work as a immobiliser feature as you can start the car and then it will begin beeping, as if somebody has bypassed the feature so that you can still start the car. Its the key version, but I have never had the key to it. Im not too sure where the beep is coming from I'll have to look into this later this arvo. Not to sure if its oem. The lock is located on the passenger side a pillar. Might look into removing it and buying another off someone. Thanks for the responses!