Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Imobiliser Remotes

wolfman

Reaction score
hey guys

tonite i brought a VP Series II `93 , but the remote for the imbobilser is missing, i have the key to switch the thing of from the passenger door, im wondering how much is holden charging to get a new remote coded.

thanks

pete_pumpkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 93 BT1
I lost mine some time ago, but am starting to get worried that if the car gets stolen, that my insurance won't pay up as I've had to switch the immoboliser off.

Anyhow I went into Holdens last week (South Aust), and they told me that they don't do them any more. I think that they might have the actual covers, but not the internals.

They told me to go to a place called 'Tisonics' in Adelaide.

http://www.tisonics.com.au/

They didn't tell me a price, but looking on the website, it looks like it will cost around $60.

You might want to go into your local Holden service center as they might have a local contact.

blue alliance

Reaction score
Website
www.cruisingmackay.com
Members Ride
98 VT S pack Supercharged/ 77 Datsun 260z Rb20det
when i bought my calais it didn't have one. So went into holden i think the key was like $70 then the labour to code it into the computer. All up i think i paid $110.00

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I think the immobiliser is made by mongoose maybe they could help you.
With the vp set up you can get any old remote from another vp commodore with the same setup and get that tuned to your car so you could try the wreckers for an old one.