Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP makes a Ticking Noise

Icenzder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VP
Hi, My well beloved Vp makes a ticking noise coming from around the injectors area, when i close the bonnet i can only just hear if i strain my ears :unsure: it does not effect the performance of the car and drives nice and its quiet inside the car cant hear it at all....also i can hear a rattling noise :ranting: which sound like its coming from underneath the car close to the front left and again no performance issues...im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars as i love it to pieces:love: and one other thing my glove box lock for some reason wont open probably **** itself the thing is, how the F*** do i get it apart without wrecking it? i dont want to bruise my baby...any Ideas Men?:idea3:

92 VP SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore SS 1992
Check the fuel dampener near the fuel rail, it may need to be replaced. What engine does it have ?

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Exhaust leak, visually inspect for cracks and carbon leaks around flanges.

Icenzder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VP
Solved glovebox issue

I manage to get the glovebox lock off without damaging the glovebox..... i had to break it off,1 of the alloy levers inside the lock had snapped in half thats why i couldnt open it and it was jammed shut...anyhow if you ever have the same problem with your vp glovebox use a pair of long nose vice grips....gently break out the rectangle buttons on the sides of the lock then pry off the sqare bit which surrounds the glovebox lock it pops off...once you get that off then carefully break off the surrounding plastic around the lock itself eventally bits will start to fall out and youll be able to unlock it to get it open...a tiny flat nose screwdriver comes in handy so u can flick the 2 locking pins either side however mine basically just fell out....i got another lock from a wrecker which came with a key for 20 bucks put it back on and its mint again and no damage to the glove box...remember to take the glovebox light out until you have fixed the lock.

Icenzder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VP
The ticking noise turned out to be the oxygen sensor in the exhaust, it was loose. It got so loose that it blew out on a trip home. I took it to my mechanic who fixed it for nothing. The ticking noise is gone. (thats what it sounded like) and now its as quite as a mouse. Thanks guys.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
OMG, someone come with a problem, and when it was solved come back and told us. Icenzder you are indeed a rare breed although its 15 months later :)
I find people join with a problem get it solved and never come back here till the next problem arises.

Icenzder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VP
Thanks heaps :) ox sensor1.JPG

Last edited:

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
OMG, someone come with a problem, and when it was solved come back and told us. Icenzder you are indeed a rare breed although its 15 months later :)
I find people join with a problem get it solved and never come back here till the next problem arises.

LOL yes it's sometimes rare but I know they probably do appreciate when we help out, it our choice to lend a hand to those in need, guess it's a karma thing right ;)