Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP missing underload

bobo97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
Hey, so I just gave my VP a major service, leads, plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and transmission fluid (manual t5) seeing as the odometer doesn't work and I don't know the amount of km's on the car. So I was driving it after I had done all that work for about half an hour through town and then turned it off.. Started it a minute later took off and it was missing badly under load. I'm thinking coil packs but I'm unsure..

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
also if its happening at operating temperature (when its hot) could be coolant getting by the inlet manifold gasket. depends on how bad the shuddering is though.

allan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 185i
check your leads are not close to the extractors they might be earthing causing it to miss fire this happened to me once, if thats not the problem id be checking the coil then rotor button and dizzy cap.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
check your leads are not close to the extractors they might be earthing causing it to miss fire this happened to me once, if thats not the problem id be checking the coil then rotor button and dizzy cap.

don't forget to check the fluxcapicator too.......... must go to repco and ask for a rotor button for a vp v6 ... must be on the shelf next to the performance cams for rotary's

allan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 185i
don't forget to check the fluxcapicator too.......... must go to repco and ask for a rotor button for a vp v6 ... must be on the shelf next to the performance cams for rotary's

ehh good one mate, my bad didn't realise it was v6.