Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VP] Mounting amp

sakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II
Hi guys,

I'm after some suggestions and inspiration. I've recently put my new stereo in my car and this time I've gone for the conservation of boot space option and havent got a sub and instead got some decent speakers and an amp.

Usually when I do an install I make a fake wall around the sub and mount the amps on that but yeh obviously this time that isnt really an option.

Just wondering where people with only one amp have put it to keep it out of the way but still kind of accessable if i need to change something.

All suggestions welcome,
Cheers

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
Best place to put it is the drivers side quarter panel. Make a nice panel carpet it and mount the amp onto that and then mount it to the quarter panel. Its neat out of the way and it wont take up to much room.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
where?? like in the front quater panel, the thing next to the engine??? Near the wheel? That quater panel???

aZk.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
^^^ Im glad i wasnt the only one that interperated it that way lol.

Cradle from the parcel tray is a good idea, but might take a bit of playing around to do a good job of it.

Sounds like you have run all the wiring already? Otherwise you could put it under one of the front seats.

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
depending on the size of the amp, you could be able to screw it to the frame of the backseat in the boot, i got a clarion 600w amp tech screwed to the frame with 3 screw, top 2 and bottom left.

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
And why not make a panel in the boot on the drivers side and use all 4 screws to secure your amp.

Sorry but amps mounted to back seats of commodores is a bit dodg.