Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp on 20" with +40 off set , any suggestions -new arms or or bolt on spacers??

92vpss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp ss
You mentioned the tyre width, rim width is different to tyre width. The offset is dependent on the rim width, for example you could put a lower offset wheel on if the rim width was skinnier, another is the wheels on my S14 ATM, 17x9.5 +35 at the back and 17x8.5 +13 at the front, both of those wheels could take a 245 tyre.

Or see post #3 in this thread.

Keen to find out because your wheels look like a decent fit and width.

Sorry I misunderstood your question they are 8.5 wide and as for the offset I had a look at some sites that sell the rims one said +15 another site said + 40 so I'm not sure. They are a great fit ind fill in the back guards nicely

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Hey guys , yeah have tried them on but didn't have my phone with me n couldn't wait till they got back to use their phone to mms myself as needed to use car :( ... I was so angry :bang:

The 40+ off set actually fit front and back and didn't hit anything :rockon::yahoo:

They cleared front n back which believe me we were all very surprised n thought maybe this car had vr parts seeing it was a late 93 model , or maybe not but either way it was all good n no need for any spacers or anything :)

I didn't take it or a big drive at all as I didn't have keys to house n didn't want to leave things open .

Wheels are in garage until next month so misses gets used to driving the vp first :) .... I will take photos as soon as I can tho !!!!

40P wheels fit hence all the VP/VQ IRS cars with VT Inter 48P 17x8 with 8mm spacers equal a 40P 17x8 wheel setup

Sorry I misunderstood your question they are 8.5 wide and as for the offset I had a look at some sites that sell the rims one said +15 another site said + 40 so I'm not sure. They are a great fit ind fill in the back guards nicely

that doesnt mean anything, most wheel come in several different offsets.

Either take them off n look or dont bother posting 15P cos they'll never fit!!! if there 20x8.5s with no spacers they have to be between 30-40P

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Yep 43p 20 x8.5 fronts with 245/30×20s rub. 38p would be my choice as im now using 5mm spacer on the front. On the rear im running standard VP A arms with 255/30×20s on a 20x9.5 25P offset...slight rub on the bumps on the inner but a camber kit would sort that....