Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp on 20" with +40 off set , any suggestions -new arms or or bolt on spacers??

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Any suggestions ? And also has anyone had any issues with the spats if spacers were used ?

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
:rockon:

Anyone have their vp's on 20'' wheels ?

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
have you even tried them on the car? how wide?

VP senators come on 17x8 +30P offset wheels which is the large factory VP wheel. If you have 20x8.5 with 245/30R20 tyres they should be close n might only need a 3 or 5mm spacer. any longer then 5mm (so 8mm-12mm with need longer studs) 100's of people have run 20s on VPs mate just take Felony for example (google this white Calais)

here's another example

nqrith

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i run ve 18s and had to change the rear arms over to vr one as they rubbed on the inside. all good now

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS

VP senators come on 17x8 +30P offset wheels which is the large factory VP wheel. If you have 20x8.5 with 245/30R20 tyres they should be close n might only need a 3 or 5mm spacer. any longer then 5mm (so 8mm-12mm with need longer studs) 100's of people have run 20s on VPs mate just take Felony for example (google this white Calais)

here's another example

Awesome reply , and pic thankyou .. these wheels came off a wh statesman and run 225/35/20 , they fit on his perfect with no mods, i just read through felony's thread... very nice ! im assuming from what i have read they will fit the front .I bought them of a mate and our vp is on the other side of town atm.. but ill give them a go next weekend .. i might see if i can get some new arms like it suggests above .. hmmmm :/

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
i run ve 18s and had to change the rear arms over to vr one as they rubbed on the inside. all good now

Thankyou for the reply , was this an expensive process to do ?

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS

Just found this you posted some time ago :D

Yes if there 30P they will fit an IRS VP with no mods.

getting sick of this questions can we make a sticky?????

VP & VQ IRS cars NEED 30p offsets

VR-VZ IRS cars run 48p offsets

hence the VP different (wheels track is almost 40mm narrower)

bloody 20x8.5 30P offset wheels fit I've seen it done hundreds of time already!!!

here's proof or Google Felony a white VP Calai

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Awesome reply , and pic thankyou .. these wheels came off a wh statesman and run 225/35/20 , they fit on his perfect with no mods, i just read through felony's thread... very nice ! im assuming from what i have read they will fit the front .I bought them of a mate and our vp is on the other side of town atm.. but ill give them a go next weekend .. i might see if i can get some new arms like it suggests above .. hmmmm :/

The WH has different front struts, Holden seemed to change the design from VR upwards. WH would have 17x8 +48P offsets factory so the only way to tell is try them (without checking offsets). 225/35 tyres suit VR n up but hit the struts off VP n older hence I suggest 245/30 tyres, which is what Felony ran.

The only reason why VP and VQ's have rear issue's is because they were the first Holden's with IRS and the diff's were too narrow n had different offsets compared to older Commodores like VB-VL's so when the new model the VR came out they fixed the problem. the VR parts from a wrecker would be cheap. I have all the gear pictured here (you dont need the axles tho)

nqrith

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
all i used was the arms and new discs all the rest i swaped from my old arms cost me $60 for the arms and i also put a camber kit in while i was at it.

92vpss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp ss
792350_203459483133810_960988266_o.jpg

Hey calais666 here's a photo of my vp ss. It's got 245/30/20 with no spacers and it doesn't rub. They only just fit