Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Power steering issue, driving me nuts!

LuvMyHolden13

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP 'S' Commodore
Hi guys,

I have been having issues with my power steering for some time now, about three months ago i replaced the hose and ever since then its had this wierd noise coming from the PS unit, today i had enough and pulled it apart, i inspected everything, nothing seemed out of place save for a few loose bolts here and there.

After i put it all back together again, the power steering had now failed completly, it would not work at all, in total ive had the whole unit in pieces three times today trying to work out whats going on.

I managed to get it going just enough that i can turn the wheels, but its like im turning cinder blocks, whats going on here? what have i missed?

Any help much appreciated

Andrew

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
did you (with motor running) sit there and work the steering left and right lock to lock untill the fluid no longer bubbles? we had to do this when i replaced the rack and pump in my mothers vs to get the air out of the system.

LuvMyHolden13

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP 'S' Commodore
Yes I did all the things your meant to do, I even took it for a run around the block, but still nothing.

LuvMyHolden13

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP 'S' Commodore
Hi again,

Thanks for the suggestions, I have a second hand pump lined up, will be after the weekend though, I will update if I cant fix it.

Thanks again! :beer chug: