Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp rear 6x9s

joshooaahh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina lx
hi guys ive got a vp berlina and i would like to put in 6x9's without having to cut into the parcel shelf.
im having trouble because the angle of the rear windscreen leaves very little/no room to get a small screwdriver in so i was after some help

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey mate, firstly, put your screw driver down, you won't need it for a while yet.. Being a Berlina, I'm assuming it already has the factory rear speaker cutouts, if you want to mount your 6x9's here, your going to need an angled spacer, as those holes were never intended to accommodate a 6x9. Your other option is to mount them in the centre of the parcel shelf, again a spacer will be nessacary to unsure sufficient clearance between the parcel shelf and the metal underneath. Personally i would recomend mounting them here, as it's closer to the cabin and the rear occupants. Either way your parcel shelf has gotta come out, be careful too, they break very easy, i went through 3 of them .!! If you go back a page or two, in the car audio category, there's another post about 6x9's in a VP, Forum Member Stealthy, also has a picture in this post where he has fitted four 6x9's to his shelf, it will give you an idea on how close they will be to the rear window if you mount them the other way..Hope this helps

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Out of curiosity have you purchased the 6x9's yet, i'm selling my kicker's KS series, because i think thier too much eye candy so to speak, on the back shelf...If your interested, I'd sell them for $100 already mounted to the spacer that you'll need, thier the ones in the pic to by the way, Retail is still $199 at jb..only about a month old too