Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP speedo problem T5

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
hey guys.

i have just done a t5 conversion in my S2 VP.the t5 was out of a S1 VN
i recived box, clutch, wiring, pedal box etc,

now with the wiring should it be basicly plug and play so to speak.i have pluged it in now the reverse lights dont work or the speedo.are the auto and manual speed sensors the same??i tried the auto loom and the auto speed senso and still no cigar. aslo how can i test the sensor as i read on JC somewhere that if you probe the 12v ACC and the signal to the ECU with a test light it shuld blink as it is spun by hand.is this correct?
the lil plastic shaft that goes on to the end of the speed sensor spins whilst in the gear box and spinnin the back wheels.
the

is there any way to test the signal from the ECU to the instrument cluster?and any way 2 test the speedo its self?

cheers Causie

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
the speedo censors are the same. take the one out of you auto and put it into the manual and put the manual harness back in and see how you go.

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
yeah tryed that clint_6 and it failed.also any1 know the difference with starters.

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
yeah tryed that clint_6 and it failed.also any1 know the difference with starters.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
theres no diffrence with the starters i not long did the same conversion into my calais. you can test the wiring from the computer to the speedo its called "testing continuity " and can be done with a multi meter, trouble is finding wich wires are the same at each end. but i would change the cluster they are pretty easy to break, or check the fuse if you havent already because when i did my conversion it blew my speed fuse and my power windows fuse, not sure how just did. hope this helps.

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
cheers ethan.will be checking it out later on.speed fuse in drivers side under steering wheel im guessing.thats good with the starters cos the one i put in sounds like its got rocks in it

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
There is difference in some starters, as kong as it doesn't have the cover over the starter motor shaft otherwise it'll hit the flywheel

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
all fixed.was a blown fuse.but now the speedo is stickey.have 2 bash above the cluster 2 get it 2 move while driving.then it will only come back 2 20km/h.any ideads.think i might need a new speedo