Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Springs And Shokies

I

ir8prim8

I Need to replace my spring and shokies in my vp cos i bottem out on every bump and just thinking about leaving a bit of my car every where i go pisses me off.

is it dificult to replace the rear springs and shockies in a 95 vp and is it possible for me to do it my self.

and what are the best springs and shokies to buy(keeping inmind that i weight Approx180kg and usually have 2-4 people my size in the car at any one time)

all help is greatly apreciated

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
VN and VP are basically the same, so rears are easy, fronts are a bit harder. I ended up removing my front struts and taking them to pedders, because we couldn't undo that bloody top nut of the shock absorber. Not sure on reccomendations sorry

I

ir8prim8

the front ones are fine i just need to do the back can u tell me how to replace them so i can i it my self or is there a book i can get to tel me how to do it.

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
ir8prim8 said:
is it dificult to replace the rear springs and shockies in a 95 vp and is it possible for me to do it my self.
mistake i guess
its piss easy to do the rear.
i would explain how to do it but im not sure what half of the parts are called.
i just undone things until i could get the springs out.

I

ir8prim8

thanks mate i will have to have a look under it tomorrow.

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
d

hi, I got a pair of pedders red spring and shock second hand for the front today for 80. how much do you guys think it will cost me to put it on. some garage quate 150 to fix it. the spring got a label of 11.08 2004 and looks alright but how to check the shock absorber. thanks.