Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP "SS" "UNL" VIN Code

vpv85l

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP V8 Sedan
Hi, I just wanted to try clarify some information I've received...

I am led to believe VP SS's were only VIN plated with the A9* dependant on manual or auto in the Series 2 models.

Can a (11/91 Build) "UNL" VIN Series 1 VP SS show up as an Executive but can possibly actually be an SS? The VIN on mine is UNL however it was sold to me as an SS and everything looks very, very genuine (from the door mounting locations, to the age specific worn decals, complete interior, dash etc)

Has a matching numbers engine, confirmed by Holden Customer Care and they have responded to an email saying it is listed on their files as an Executive.

The fenders, roof and doors/bonnet/boot all seem to match up and the interior doesn't look like it's ever been removed. I am yet to check under the passenger floor for a build sheet but it has an aftermarket stereo so I will check that this week.

I would appreciate any input as I've finished a basically total rebuild on suspension and driveline, the interior is mint and all that is left is the paint work now (VP SS White).

vpv85l

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP V8 Sedan
Seems like my answer come on Facebook really quick.... I'll check the VIN plate for A9* to confirm it is a genuine SS... The VIN alone cannot tell this.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Not VIN plate, the ID plate.

All SS's use same code as Executive, its the Model code with model extension that will tell what it is.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Not VIN plate, the ID plate.

All SS's use same code as Executive, its the Model code with model extension that will tell what it is.

.. always the way since GMH built SS models
applied to even VK SS GrpA models.
model number is 8VK19... same as Executive VKs