Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP SS V6

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
It looks mint (under all that dust) and stored well.
How many km's?
The engine is still very clean too.

Samwise123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 SS Commodore
Yeah she’s in pretty good nik. I’m going to give her a wash and service tomorrow and get a heap more pics. I’ll post some more pics up tomorrow with her clean. Watch this space.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
There was only 150 VP SS V6's built.
Doesn't mean all 150 were used in Group E racing....

Btw the colour is Anthracite Grey

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Insurance said my vp v8 ute was worth 12k sight unseen or more if properly evaluated hence it got approved for repairs when it got sideswiped.

When rarely see one for sale usually it's unregistered in rougher shape advertised for 10k or more...can't imagine anyone paying that for any vp tbh

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My VR V6 ute was insured for $7,500. No way anyone was going to pay that, even though it was a very good example.

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Insurance said my vp v8 ute was worth 12k sight unseen or more if properly evaluated hence it got approved for repairs when it got sideswiped.

When rarely see one for sale usually it's unregistered in rougher shape advertised for 10k or more...can't imagine anyone paying that for any vp tbh
Insurance value doesnt reflect genuine buy it prices. Its more along the lines of a replace it price from a seller not overly interested in selling.

Samwise123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 SS Commodore

I’m sorry to hear that

Bscommscom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v8 Maloo
Hey Sam. What’s your location? If it’s what you say it is it could be worth a lot to our collection. Can I see it please?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Insurance value doesnt reflect genuine buy it prices. Its more along the lines of a replace it price from a seller not overly interested in selling.
Most people aren’t overly interested in selling at the moment hence the sky high used car prices. Pre covid your agreed value was normally at the upper end of market prices, now I think it’s barely keeping up.

I just changed insurer recently to Shannons after having a look at Carsales and working out I would need to spend at least $25k to replace my SSV with a similar mileage example. My previous insurer was only covering it for $15k which is what it was worth pre covid.

Shannons offered $25k agreed value upfront sight unseen (I didn’t tell them the value I had already determined myself from looking at Carsales) which is at the lower end of replacement prices.

Realistically in days of yore they would probably be offering $30-35k on an agreed value policy as that’s the upper end of the market for manual SSV prices but the insurance companies are having a hard time with used car values increasing, which they historically never do.

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Most people aren’t overly interested in selling at the moment hence the sky high used car prices. Pre covid your agreed value was normally at the upper end of market prices, now I think it’s barely keeping up.

I just changed insurer recently to Shannons after having a look at Carsales and working out I would need to spend at least $25k to replace my SSV with a similar mileage example. My previous insurer was only covering it for $15k which is what it was worth pre covid.

Shannons offered $25k agreed value upfront sight unseen (I didn’t tell them the value I had already determined myself from looking at Carsales) which is at the lower end of replacement prices.

Realistically in days of yore they would probably be offering $30-35k on an agreed value policy as that’s the upper end of the market for manual SSV prices but the insurance companies are having a hard time with used car values increasing, which they historically never do.
Im sure rising prices adds to the issue but its the same with antiques and art etc. Insurance values are generally over the realistic sale price. Watch Antiques Roadshow and they will sometimes give a price for selling, and an insurance value. The insurance value is often 1/4 higher.